Vinegar is a well known natural alternative to conventional cleaners. Throughout history, it kept people alive by preserving food and killing bacteria. Vinegar also doubles as a food, so it’s the only cleaner that is entirely safe to consume! But before you swap bottles and go natural, here are the clean facts on vinegar…
- Vinegar kills 99.9% of bacteria that cause foodborne illness – Salmonella, E.coli and Listeria1
Vinegar kills 99.9% of the most common form of Staph
Vinegar kills 82% of mold spores
Vinegar kills 80%of viruses
- Vinegar is 100% safe to use near/on food.
The natural cleaners found on store shelves today are filled with chemicals labeled as “plant derived.” These chemicals are not approved for use near food, yet they go straight from our countertops and into our mouths daily.
70% of the 17,000 chemicals in conventional cleaners have NOT BEEN TESTED for effects on human health.2
Disinfectants and antibiotic cleaning products may contribute to an increase in antibiotic resistance.
- Switching to vinegar cleaning could improve the air quality in your home by up to 500%.2
The air inside a typical home is 2x-5x more polluted than the air outdoors, largely due to toxic household cleaning products.2
The average American has 25 gallons of toxic chemicals in their home.2
- Kids can clean with vinegar!
Vinegar is a safe way for little ones to help with housekeeping. Be careful, direct contact with eyes sure does sting!
Baby safe cleaning for high chairs, toys, bathroom floors and wood floors.
Clean your fruit while you’re cleaning your counters.
(1) Virginia Tech research, 2009, Effect of Alternative Household Sanitizing Formulations
(2) Sf gate article, 2006. Montana Department of Environmental Quality